Over 25 years of experience in International Qualitative research, specialising in ECGs® (Extended Creativity Groups), In-depth Interviews, Focus Groups, Ethnography, and Online Communities.
All fieldwork is conducted and observed by our highly experienced team.
Experience of working all around the world looking at subjects as diverse as digital life, everyday life, transportation, skin care, and many more
A global network of partners guarantees the highest levels of Local and Global Insights.
Extensive experience in both Developing and Developed markets.
Our methods also include:
- Qualitative concept and Design Labs
- Product and Automotive clinics
- Central Location Tests
- Accompanied Shopping
- Semiotic Analysis
Ethnography involves observing consumers in their natural environment which exposes the sights, smells, sounds, movements, and interactions of consumers. It reveals the unconscious and intuitive steps soften involved in product use and brand choice, which are sometimes not readily accessible to interviewing.
There are 3 different methods in ethnographic research that we use:
- Detached Observer – minimises overt camera presence by using remote fixed cameras
- Semi-participant Observer – casual within the household using hand-held camera and interacting indirectly with participants
- Participant Observer – using direct camera observation with close ups and engagement
Benefits of ethnographic research are:
- Observing consumers everyday lives – seeing, hearing, feeling, sharing
- Empathy – participating in consumers natural environment, grounding clients into everyday life ‘as it is lived’
- Bridging gaps between management and consumers – breaking down stereotypes
- Learning to observe
- Sharing access and discussion across client departments – marketing, sales, R&D, Packaging, advertising, PR, etc.
- Increasing fresh thinking and competitiveness
- Creativity – using observations to deliver ideas for better products and services – Wows and delights
- QRi outputs from ethnographic research are compelling video-clips and images of consumers living their everyday lives
We conduct both Internal and External B2B studies.
Internal B2B Studies include Staff Attitudes and Motivations, Training, and Developing Customer Service. Understanding what your employees think and feel helps manage and motivate them.
External B2B Studies include Corporate Image, Buyer Attitudes and Behaviour, and Manager Needs.
Our Experience includes Financial Institutions, Professional Services, Retail, Multi-nationals.