Accessing consumers deep seated attitudes and needs is vital for optimising strategy and requires a range of different techniques:
ECGs® (Extended Creativity Groups)
ECGs® are creative face-to-face Consumer Workshops, and were developed to get Inside the Consumer Mind.
ECGs® have been successfully used over many years to gain in-depth understandings of Consumers motives & needs and have contributed to many major marketing and advertising successes around the world.
ECGs®are typically 2-3 hours duration with 6-8 respondents. We make use of specially selected enabling and projective techniques, which include:
- Subtle probing and Empathy
- Projective Techniques to reveal unconscious attitudes and needs, e.g Collage, Psychodrawing, Metaphors & Analogies, etc
- Individual, as well as group, exercises in order to make sure that we get personal spontaneous reactions and attitudes before we ‘hot house’ the subject as a group.
We specially select Projective and Enabling Techniques which:
- Use subtle probing and empathy.
- Help uncover respondents subconscious needs.
- Stimulate emotional as well as rational responses.
- Provide non-verbal and verbal means of expression.
- Give permission to express novel ideas.
- Encourage individual, as well as group, exercises in order to ensure that we get personal, spontaneous responses
These techniques are derived from psychology and psychotherapy and have been successfully adapted by us in order to get deep ‘inside the Consumer Mind’. and uncover insight which may have been missed.
Techniques include: Free Association, Analogies, Psychodrawing, Collage, Story Telling, Sorting Exercises, Guided Dreams, Personification, User Image, Synaesthesia.